Well it’s November already, where does the time go.
Last month I shared my very first Monthly Earnings Update, if you haven’t read Septembers update you can do that by clicking here.
I started doing these updates to share how I earn my income, and also to be more transparent with you. I don’t want to make this sound like I earn hundreds or thousands of dollars which I don’t.
Rather I’d I just want to share that I’m a normal guy just trying to earn some extra income on the side and hopefully give you the inspiration and motivation to do the same.
In this months update I plan to share what all went on in October, how much I earned, what I spent money on, and what my goals are for November 2016.
What all Went on in October 2016
Here’s what all went on in October 2016 for me.
- First because we didn’t take much of a vacation this year and thought it would be nice to get away and recharge so we could focus on the end of the year things.
- And Second because this is the entire reason I have a side hustle, to get away and do things that I would normally have never been able to do.
As part of our getaway we rented a cabin in southern Ohio in the Hocking Hill area. You can see a picture of the cabin above. We did some trail hiking, went to a winery, and even climbed a fire tower.
If you haven’t been to Hocking Hills I highly recommend it. Plus it’s fall and the trees were absolutely beautiful.
Investing in My Business
This month I also decide to invest a little more in my business. One area I trying to learn more about is email marketing. I’ve been slowly building my list over the last year but it can be a lot of work and after doing a little research I came across Amy Porterfield’s course List Builder Lab.
At some point you’ll have to invest in your business. This doesn’t mean you have to spend a ton of money but a little money well spent on the right resources can help you see big improvements to your side hustle.
Over the years I’ve bought into almost a couple dozens tools and courses to help my business out. Some not so good and other really good.
I plan to talk more about this in the coming weeks so be on the look out for an article on the topic.
My First Course
In September I talked about creating my first digital course. My goal was to share more info about it this month but it’s been tough nailing down the topic for this course.
I think it’s mostly because I don’t know enough about my audience to make this decision yet. Sure I could just come up with something and slap it together but how do I know it’s something people actually want to buy.
On top of that I also feel that there are already some really good courses out there that I can promote. So I’m faced with the tough decision right now to delay this course until I get some more info.
I know at some point I will make a course but first I need to learn more about you and exactly what you want.
To do this I also plan to do another survey shortly so be on the lookout for that in the next week or two.
Promoting New Courses
Speaking of courses I’ve also started promoting two new courses both of which are top notch.
- Earn More Writing – If you’re looking to become a freelance writer then Holly Johnson is the go to person in this space. She earns more than $200,000 a year as a writer and if you’re looking to do the same she is a true inspiration. (Not an Affiliate)
- Social Media Manager School – If you want to start your own social media freelance business this course is the real deal. Small businesses are looking for people to manage their social media accounts, and keep them updated and they will pay you top dollar to do it. (Affiliate)
If either of these courses look interesting to you check them out.
How Much Did I Earn in October 2016
Well here’s the part you’ve been waiting for, my October 2016 monthly earnings update. This month was great and best of all my income is up a little bit more than last month.
- Sponsored Post – $740.23 This month was another big month for sponsored articles. It’s great that I earn a decent income here but it is a bit of work to make all of this happen.
- Adsense Earnings – $57.31 My Google Adsense income is also up a little over last month. I plan to do more with this at some point but like all of you I do this on the side and it’s all about priorities. Hopefully in November I can do a little more with this.
- Affiliate Earnings – $0.00 Finally, my affiliate income for the month has completely flat lined. This is the area I’m working on the most right now and I’m hoping to see an improvement with this here in November.
Total Earning for October 2016 are $797.54
- Hostgator Hosting – $11.95 Currently I use Hostgator shared hosting and it’s worked great for me over the last 8 years.
- GetResponse – $15 I use GetResponse as my current email provider and they do a great job at sending out my emails and managing my list.
- List Builder Lab – $297 Finally my big expense for the month was List Builder Lab. Email marketing has become my focus for the month and this course is well worth the money.
My total expenses for October 2016 was $323.95
For October 2016 my total net profit was $473.59!
For October I earned a little more than last month but I also spent a lot more as well. However who wouldn’t want an extra $473 in their pocket. I can’t complain but at the same time I still want to improve things.
My Goals for November 2016
This month I want to try something new. I want to share my top 3 goals for November.
I feel that if I can share my goals for next month here it will hold me more accountable to them because everyone who reads this will know what I’m striving for.
So here goes…
Goal #1: Get My New Opt In Offer Up and Running
Currently, I’m getting a new sign up to my email list every three days. I’m looking to improve this by putting up a new opt in offer in November and get it up to a new sign up every day.
I’m also looking to build a more engaged list. I want to learn more about the problems you face and how I could solve them for you when it comes to your side business.
Goal #2: Decide on a New Site Design
Second, I want to improve the look and feel of my site. I’ve always felt like my site design was sub par and that I needed to improve it. Currently I’m looking into a new theme and design for my site that not only looks good but also gives people a path to follow.
What that will exactly look like yet is unknown but I hope to figure this out in November.
Goal #3: Outsource 3 Articles to be Written
Finally, my last goal is to get 3 articles outsourced on Upwork to be written for one of my other blogs. My goal is to get my Adsense earning up to $100 a month but I just don’t have the time to write them myself.
This is why I decided to outsource the articles to written on UpWork. I plan to talk more about this topic at some point but for now I need to do some testing on this to learn more.
Well that about wraps up this months earnings update. I hope you’ve found this valuable.
- What have you been able to take away from this update?
- Did you learn something new?
- Did I inspire you?
I would love to hear what you thought of this months earnings update in the comments blow.