It’s that time of the month to see exactly how much I earned from my online business and what I’ve been up to.
I do these income reports to share what I learned, what I earned, and as a journal to look back on as I grow in my business.
I guess you can say this is where I think out loud more or less, going over the things I’ve done over the past month and giving you the behind the scenes look at my side business.
Where Have I Been
If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been doing a lot these days with Side Hustle Academy. In fact, I haven’t sent an email out to my list since June 19, 2017, and only published a handful of blog post in this time.
However that’s about to change, but before I talk about that I want to share what I’ve been up to.
For those of you who know me, I also run a small family-owned manufacturing/welding business that has been extremely busy over the last few years. In fact, our current schedule has us booked out 6 months in advance right now which is great but its been like this for the last 2 years.
This business has been extremely successful, to say the least. On top of that, we are also in the process of building a brand new 15,000 sq. ft. facility. With the way things have been expanding and growing over the last 2 years this new building will give us more room, more power, and allow us to expand into other opportunities.
This has also led to me wearing a lot more hats in the business. Since the first of the year, I’ve taken over most of the book work, quoting, and designing. However, now that things have started to calm down I’m ready to get back to Side Hustle Academy.
Going forward I plan to change things and put a renewed effort towards Side Hustle Academy. Here is a list of things I plan to do going forward.
- Weekly Blog Post – Releasing weekly content is at the top of my list. I have a lot of great ideas I can’t wait to write about so check back every week to see what’s new. You can also sign up to my email list here to get them delivered straight to your email inbox.
- Weekly Newsletter – I also plan to release a weekly newsletter sharing tips, content, and a whole lot more. Again, sign up to my email list to get this sent straight to your inbox.
- Lead Magnets – I’m also working on some new lead magnets to help grow my email list. In fact, I just put the finishing touches on my latest lead magnet and it should be out in the next week or two.
- Autoresponder – As a part of my email list I’m also working on developing new autoresponder series for my list. I plan to discuss this as well in the coming months as well.
- Fun Stuff – Finally, I also plan to throw in a few fun things here and there as well just to mix things up a bit. So be on the lookout for all the new changes coming.
In the end, that’s just a taste of what’s to come but I also want to be honest with you. Nothing is guaranteed or written in stone. I may test an idea it may or may not work out. This is the fun part about running your own online business is that you can change things as needed.
Earning a New Income
Speaking of new things, in September I started earning a new affiliate income with a program called Teachable. If you’re not familiar with Teachable they are a learning management solution that does everything from hosting your online course content, managing your payment processor, and a whole lot more.
Creating online courses is a great way to earn a side income but the technical challenges that come with setting things up can be a bit overwhelming. With Teachable they take care of all those issues so you can focus on what you do best, creating courses.
Related Article: Here is an article I wrote a while back comparing the Teachable Platform over the Udemy Platform. You can check it out here.
I’ve been signed up with Teachable for some time now and I’m currently working on my first-course idea. If you’re interested in learning how to create your own course check out this free live training 7 Steps to Launch Your Own Profitable Online Course by Teachable.
In September I also took a new course called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. I’ve been doing affiliate marketing for a number of years now and I’ve earned a fairly decent income from it but I’m always up for a new take on things. The course was created by Michelle Garner-Schroeder.
If that name sounds familiar to you it’s because she runs a popular blog called Making Sense of Cents.
In September 2017 she made $54,590.08 with affiliate marketing, not counting all the other things she earns an income with. So I would say she knows a thing or two about this stuff.
In the course, she went through all the different strategies she uses to earn an income online through affiliate marketing from Pinterest to creating tutorials and it sparked a lot of ideas in my head of different things I should be doing.
Now, this isn’t my official review of the course yet but I will be doing one here shortly. So if getting into affiliate marketing sounds interesting to you then this course is for you.
The Latest Articles
Just in case you missed it I also published a few articles over the last couple of months and if you haven’t had a chance to check them out yet here they are.
- How to Find Profitable Online Course Ideas – This articles covers the 3 step actionable process I used to come up with my course idea. If you’re looking to develop your own online course this article will help you get started in the right direction.
- Is Dropshipping Worth It – The Pros and Cons – Interested in starting your own dropshipping business? If so you’ll want to know all the benefits as well and the downsides to starting a side business like this.
- 17 Affiliate Marketing Tools that Will Shortcut Your Success – Interested in starting an affiliate marketing business like me, then you’ll need to right tools to help you out. These are the 17 tools I use to help me run my affiliate business.
September 2017 Income and Expenses
Well, now it’s time to get to what everyone came here for. I like to share what I’m earning to show you what’s possible, and encourage others to start their own side hustle no matter what it is.
- Sponsored Articles – $465.74
- Blog Advertising – $216.35
- Teachable – $214.40
Total Income for September 2017 is $896.49
- GetResponse (Email Provider) – $15.00
- Hostgator (Website Hosting) – $11.95
- NameCheap (Domain Name) – $10.87
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – $197.00
- Flourish with Facebook Ads – $199.00
In total, I spent $433.82 in September 2017
Overall after expenses, I earned a net income of $462.67!
I know this isn’t a ton of money but like anything I don’t like to take things for granted. This is $896 I didn’t have before and would have never had if I didn’t start a side hustle.
Do I want to earn more? Heck yes I do, and it will come that’s for sure. So how about you, did you earn a good income in September?
Goals for October 2017
Now that September is over here are a few goals I’m working on for October.
- Facebook Ads – Currently I’m taking a course called Flourish with FB Ads and I’ve always wanted to try Facebook ads but I just don’t know enough about them. So recently I came across Monica Louie, a Facebook ads coach, who recently released a new course on the topic. My goal is to get at least one ad up and running in the month of October.
- Set Up a New Email Funnel – I’m also in the process of setting up a brand new email funnel in Side Hustle Academy as well. I just finished the lead magnet for this funnel and now I need to set up the email autoresponder series. I will announce more on this later.
- Working on a New Promotion – Finally, I’m working on a brand new affiliate promotion which will be going on in November 2017. I can’t say much more than that right now so stick around and I will share more on this in the next month.
Well, that’s all for this month. What are you working on with your side hustle in October 2017? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments below.